Grilled Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad with Lemon-Basil Vinaigrette
(Recipe from: Spicy Southern Kitchen)
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 pound corkscrew pasta
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- ¼ cup julienned fresh basil
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- Cut yellow squash and zucchini in half lengthwise. Cut red bell pepper and red onion into 4ths. Place together in a medium bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. When hot add vegetables. Grill until they develop nice grill marks and then flip over and continue to cook until softened. After vegetables have returned to room temperature cut zucchini and squash into half moons and onions and bell peppers into 2 inch chunks.
- While vegetables are grilling, bring a large pot of water with at least 1 tablespoon of salt to a boil. Cook pasta to al dente. Drain pasta and rinse with water. Drain well and add to bowl with grilled vegetables.
- In a medium bowl, combine lemon juice, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, sugar, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and thyme. Gradually whisk in oil. Add basil.
Pour dressing over pasta and vegetables. Add tomatoes and Parmesan cheese. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.